You Can't Clean Your House Without This

My husband and I recently moved into a new house. It's not big, but it's definitely bigger than our 720 sq. ft. apartment we lived in prior to purchasing our home. It's also got dark hardwood floors throughout. Upside to the floors: they're beautiful and much more sophisticated than our drab, beige carpet in our apartment. Downside: they show EVERY little speck of dirt, dust, food, and whatever nasties get on the floor. And that drives me nuts.

My new favorite cleaning item? Get ready to throwback to the 90's, people. A dust buster. Yes, the same old dust buster all our moms had when we were kids. The same dust buster that always made its appearance in every 90's Christmas grab bag event we remember from years ago.

I owe this purchase to my sister-in-law. She asked for a dust buster this past Christmas and I simply laughed when it appeared on her list. This was after only 2 months of living in our new house with those beautiful wood floors I mentioned. I was using my Swiffer (which is still great!), but it wasn't really getting up all the little crumbs in all those nooks and crannies around the house and I honestly was so pregnant at the time that I didn't want to lug my vacuum up and down the stairs for a small little job. I got to thinking....maybe my sister-in-law was on to something...

Next thing I know, I'm perusing Amazon for some top rated, yet affordable, dust busters. I settled on this one from Black and Decker: Black & Decker Cordless DustBuster.

This dust buster is a no brainer. It's cordless, it's rechargeable, and it's got a few extra attachments to make quick clean ups even easier. My favorite is the crevice tool insert. I keep it on all the time to extend the length of the dust buster a bit and to get underneath my cabinet overhangs, around the stove and the fridge, and around the toilet to suck up all the loose hair. Yuck!

So, guys, take the plunge and throw it back to the 90's. Buy yourself a dust buster and you'll be thanking yourself.

Comments

Popular Posts