Mason Jar Utensil Holders

Mason jars are a cute, simple way to hold utensils for a party you host. Mason jars are super affordable - you can usually find them at the dollar store, but if not, most grocery stores sell them and so does Amazon. You can get them in a variety of sizes and they are so functional! Besides as utensil holders, I use mason jars as vases for flowers or jars for holding random things around the house like bobby pins or safety pins.

But, if you're entertaining soon and you need a casual but cute utensil holder, consider a mason jar and dress it up a little. This past holiday season, I hosted Christmas for my dad and siblings. We didn't do a sit-down dinner, but instead did heavy appetizers and casually ate sitting around my living room. So, I pulled out my mason jars to hold the plastic forks, knives, and spoons we'd be using. They looked pretty lame next to the festive plates I bought and the various serving platters and whatnot I had out. I thought about how I could dress up my mason jars and thought about the extra ribbon I had from previous projects. I quickly cut the length I needed in order to wrap the ribbon once around the jar, pulled out some double sided tape, and voila! I was done. It's not ultra fancy, but it didn't need to be.


When could you use this and how could you do it even if you don't have mason jars?

  • When? 
    • Any get together - a girls' luncheon, a backyard bbq, a bridal/baby shower. 
    • Really, any occasion where you're not serving food in a sit-down fashion. This is perfect for a buffet style event!
  • How?
    • If you don't have mason jars, consider using a clear vase (also can be found at the dollar store). They're a little less rustic looking and may fit with your theme or decor a bit better.
    • Use a themed ribbon/bow that goes with your event
    • Hot glue would work if you don't have double sided tape
    • Ribbon, twine, or bows don't have to be what you use. Consider using other decorative elements like flowers in the spring/summer or greenery and berries in the winter. 

Comments

Popular Posts