The Best Base & Top Coat for Your at Home Manicure

Like most girls, I enjoy going to have my nails done. Both a manicure and a pedicure are super relaxing for me and one of my go-to's for getting out of the house and taking a little time for myself. A good pedicure will last me at least 4 weeks, but manicures....not so much. I typically don't go for a no-chip because it ruins my nails and it's expensive! My nails grow pretty quickly so I just can't justify the cost of going every 2-3 weeks. My sister is trying to convince me to try a dip manicure, but I'm not sure.

That being said, I do my nails a fair amount myself at home. It saves me money and I can do it whenever I have some free time. I can proudly say that I've gotten so good at it that my mom will often ask if I had went for a manicure and then I brag and tell her nope, I had done it myself. This is all made possible by a lot of practice, yes, but a few key products that changed my at-home manicure game.

First, you've got to have good nail polish. I don't really use anything besides Essie or OPI. Occasionally, I will use Sinful Nails from Walmart. Even more important than good nail polish is the BEST base and topcoat I have ever used. I owe this one to my cousin, who is the queen of at-home manicures.

You guys have got to try Seche Vite. It's sold at CVS Pharmacy, Ulta and of course, on Amazon. It's the best stuff.

Here's why I like it:
- Base Coat: It dries super fast and isn't sticky upon drying. It doesn't peel up easily after a few days either.

- Top Coat: So long as you've let the nail polish almost completely dry, the top coat is a dry fast top coast and it really does dry very quickly. It leaves a super nice, hard finish on your nails. Finally, it leaves a beautiful shiny finish coat that makes any polish even more beautiful. I haven't found any other top coats that leave my nails this shiny.

The combination of the Seche Vite base coat, a good nail polish, and the Seche Vite top coat will ensure that my manicure lasts at least 5 days, especially if I take care and protect my nails while doing dishes or cleaning. The base and top coat are a little expensive, as is good nail polish, but it's worth it for a good at-home manicure. Plus, think of it this way: You'll pay at least $15-20 for a manicure at the salon plus a tip. It will last maybe 5-7 days. Do that 2-3 times a month and that adds up. Buy a good nail polish ($8-10), Seche Vite base coat ($7.50), and Seche Vite Top Coat ($10) and you've got a $30 manicure that keeps on giving :)

Check out my latest at-home manicure below!




Update - the photo below shows my nails 4 days after doing them at home. The top edges are a little worn, but on the whole, not too shabby for an at home manicure!



Comments

Popular Posts